COULD YOU BE A CONTEST CHAMPION?
CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION – NOW CLOSED
Congratulations to Angelica “NirvanasAngel” Honeycutt who won our writing contest!We are looking to create a new writing collection for the website featuring your work. Our intention is to get as many entries as we can into the collection. You can write short stories, comedy sketches, scripts, poetry, whatever you want. The rules are:
- 1) No more than six pages.
- 2) You can use OCs (original characters) for the writing contest but not copyrighted characters (So no using Spider-Man, Lara Croft etc)
- 3) Bear in mind the audience/content of the comic- Keep it PG13 so while you can write about darker subjects we would ask to avoid strong language, violence, drug use etc.
- 4) Judge’s decision is final—They may or may not give feedback on why they made the choice but it’s up to them. We always choose people who are outside the comic (or at least not directly involved) to give as fair a chance for everyone as much as possible.
- 5) General tip—Read the comics, look at videos, get to know the characters. Yes, we want your original take on it but it helps if you get to know them as well.
- 6) Writing tip—If you have a block we have a playlist of writing tips to help. However a key one is this- get your first draft done and then worry about editing it later. Also keep an eye on our Twitter, Facebook, Deviantart etc as we will be posting writing prompts to help (special shoutout to Torathena for inspiring this!)
REYNARD CITY COMPETITIONS
Want to take part in some amazing Reynard City contests? You’re in the right place! Find out about our latest contests, rules and prizes on offer. Have fun, and good luck!Congrats DanXGoodwolf for winning our Halloween art contest with this awesome entry, more info on the backstory here http://fav.me/dcn3dik
Merchandise — WINNER Thomas Andrasfi
Green Farm Coffee, and I just want to say thanks to her taking time out to do this! Prizes will include one piece of RC merchandise (previous contests have included mugs, notebooks and badges) plus exclusive Saffire chocolate, Green Farm coffee and the full digital download package (including the AK Girl Adventures Collection and Perfect Platinum Collection, more info in the shop section). If you have any questions comment below or use the contact form on our contact page!This contest was influenced by this fab bit of fanart by Elie Renard Delisle Lafortune. With this contest, the idea is that people come up with their own ideas for merchandise: anything from phone covers to action figures. You can draw the idea, make a video or you can just pitch it (if posting on Twitter, Deviantart, Facebook, Youtube or Instagram please use #reynardcitymerchandise and/or tag @reynardcity). The rules are pretty simple: no Reynard City vape pens, drugs etc, please keep it appropriate and if we do use your design for a future product we will let you know. The contest will be judged by social media manager Belinda Brown from
OC DESIGN CONTEST — CLOSED
UPDATE: WINNER LEOLIONZ This is what guest judge Natalie Knowles had to say- This entry caught my attention for a number of reasons: 1. Originality, imagination and awareness of the Reynard City story. Leolionz has created a character with a backstory that fit into the Reynard City universe and that showed understanding of themes that are dealt with in the comics. 2. Drawing a character in a complex pose! I applaud artists that can draw their characters in active poses. The winning entry shows a character weight lifting, rather than a passive stance. The picture tells us so much more about the character, i.e. occupation, physicality and hobby/talent. 3. Providing a colour palette for the character. Imagine if this character was purchased by a publishing house and a team of artists were employed to draw and colour this character. There would be a brand guidelines to accompany the character showing all the poses, facial expressions and colours associated with the character. I was so impressed that the winning entry had provided a colour palette – again it showed awareness of brand. 4. Impressed with the tonal colouring skills. The winning entry had impressive muscles and these were coloured very well using tone, showing artistry and skill.
Below are the other excellent entries, plus a meme for you to post your own OCs (if you like to RP you can post them in our roleplay forum here)