You may have remembered at the start of the year we posted a Reynard City Art Calendar Contest. Throughout the year, we have received some fantastic art via our Fanart Friday, both in terms of commissions and submissions from fans.
If you haven’t already done so, you can check out a wide range of awesome art in our Fanart Friday playlist
Calendar contest judges
The calendar contest deadline will be the end of 1st October 2020. At the end of the day we will look through the various artworks we have received and submit the 12 images for the calendar. We will then contact people to check if they are okay with being included before asking Minuteman Press Norwich to pick a winner.
Minuteman Press have been really supportive (they have also produced merchandise such as mugs, notebooks and our super awesome Fox Box gift boxes) and we appreciate them being our guest judges.
Calendar contest guidelines
1. You can submit entries via Deviantart, Twitter or Instagram but if you do we request you use the hashtag #reynardcity or tag us in it. Alternatively, you can email your entry to email@example.com
2. Original characters- You can have original characters dressed as the Reynard City characters, but no OC characters on their own ( We have done OC contests in the past and probably will do so again in the future, but the focus for this calendar will be the comic).
3. Reference- You can dress up the Reynard City characters as other characters (eg AK Girl as Black Widow) but not the other way round (Just to be on the safe side)
4. Seasonal- This is a calendar so birthday, Easter, Halloween ,summer or Christmas pics would be great.
5. Appropriate- I know people are sensible on this but no excessive gore, suggestive poses or swear words (We reserve the right to make a call on this)
6. Judge’s decision is final
7. Winning entry will receive a calendar, other entrants will receive a digital prize
8. Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Before we wrap up here a quick update- The Issue 3 page artwork by Emily Bandicoot is now finished, we’ll just need to work on the lettering/page layout. Joe Draco Petterson’s issue 2 work is also nearly done, fingers crossed we’ll have everything ready in time for our special promotional event.
We are going to be at the Castle Quarter giving free cupcakes as part of our Cupcakes and Comics event (organised by Baobab Marketing). We have some more supporters to be announced but happy to confirm That Cafe and Polly’s Pantries will be supplying cupcakes (Below is a video of a unique cake she designed for us!)
Also happy to confirm that Morton Reeves Estate Agent will be sponsoring the event as well, thank you for your support!
Reynard City only exists due to the awesome people that support us. Please take a moment to look at our special thanks playlist for full credits to all the artists, crowdfunders and businesses that help make this project happen!