So as a quick reminder to those who don’t know (or who have just joined us) at the end of the year we will have the first issue of Reynard City Chronicles ready. Here is a quick Reynard City Chronicles FAQ to go over everything for you. If I’ve missed anything please comment below!
1. What is Reynard City Chronicles? It’s going to be a new version of the Reynard City story only this time presented as annual 40 page graphic novel stories as opposed to 22 page issues. Issue 11 art team Nicholas Webb and Strider Syd are working on the first issue with new artist Joel Draco Petterson working on the second issue due next year.
2. Why the change? This is something that has been discussed and considered for some time but we felt that this is the best way to give people the consistent story and art that they asked for while at the same time giving artists the time they need in order to make that happen and to make it easier to raise funds for them in order to do it.
3. Is this because that Youtube video took the p*** out of you? Partially yes, won’t lie it was brutal and it stung on a number of levels we don’t need to revisit. But this was just one aspect to it- the delays and problems we had before were mostly my fault and this is what I am going to do to address it.
4. Will you bring Jed Soriano back as an artist? Here is the thing- I spoke to Jed when people asked me about this and basically we need to raise the equivalent of a year’s wages for him in order to get him working on an issue. Given he and his wife recently had a new baby I totally understand his reasons so the simple answer is if we sell a total boatload then yes it is a possibility but one that will require a LOT of sales.
5. I have never read Reynard City. What is it about? The simple answer is it is about three superhero foxes who go to Earth to stop an evil robot fox. In the reboot we see this from Vibes (AK Girl’s) perspective as she discovers that she is not actually human but a superhero fox from the planet Animal Kingdom with the unfortunate weakness of inflating if she eats caramel.
Later she is joined by Wondervixen- her best friend who is a former beauty queen and Hyper Rob, Sal’s boyfriend and the son of a gangster who created the evil robot Mega Fox.
6. What is it with the caramel weakness? Reynard City is very much rooted in 90s cartoons and for whatever reason weird episodes like Ninja Turtles’ Mikey’s Birthday and Pseudo-Sonic seemed to stay with me.
7. What will happen with the old issues? The old issues will remain free and available on the site (the section will be renamed “Archive” to differentiate the older issues from the new)
8. What about the story for the old comics? Will that get resolved? Yes, we are bring out short story collections available through Patreon (www.patreon.com/reynardcity). As well as providing more depth and backstory to the original comic stories there will soon be extra short stories to resolve the previous issue arc and also bring in new storylines and characters that would’ve been introduced.
9. How can I support Reynard City? Patreon backing starts from $1 a month. Sharing the page, taking part in the contests, liking and sharing the Youtube videos etc all helps.
Thanks to everyone who has been incredibly supportive with this project. It means everything to me and I hope through the work we do more people will discover it!